Who we are
The Leicester Diabetes Centre (LDC) is part of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust. You can find out how to contact us by visiting www.leicesterdiabetescentre.org.uk.
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust is registered as a “data controller” with the Information Commissioner’s Office, under registration number Z7882087.
Our Data Protection Officer is contactable through LDC-MainReception@uhl-tr.nhs.uk or you can write to the Head of Privacy, University of Hospitals Leicester, Information Governance, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester LE3 8RA
The information that we collect about you
Information we gain through how you use the site (cookies).
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer that collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour. We use this information to track visitor use of the website and compile statistical reports on activity. You can find out more by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/. You can set your web-browser not to accept cookies, but this might impact on some of the features of the website.
What we do – and don’t do – with information about you
- need to share information about your use of the site with our web hosting company and our web developers, but only to the extent that is needed for the running and maintenance of the LDC website. Where possible this will not include any information which could be used to identify you personally. Our webhosting company and developers are subject to strict obligations of confidentiality and won’t be able to use your data for anything else.
- need to share your information with other organisations as part of our legal compliance obligations: for instance, the Care Quality Commission inspects the Trust regularly and can ask to see the information we hold.
- need to use your information in connection with legal proceedings, or to investigate and respond to any complaints you may make.
- share the information you give us with any commercial organisations not previously mentioned.
The legal basis for processing your information
“Processing” means doing anything with your information, for example collecting, storing or deleting your information.Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. Here are the reasons for which we process your data:
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, such as obligations to provide a safe service. We are under legal obligations to have systems in place to proper records (under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014;
- LDC is a service provided by the Trust as part of the NHS and forms part of the exercise of our functions under the NHS Act 2006, which include the supply of health services.
We will respect your confidentiality and wherever possible, we will respect your wishes in terms of how we use your information.
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
- You can contact us by emailing LDC-MainReception@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with any questions or concerns.
- You can also use the ‘feedback’ button on every page to email us with comments about the site.